APPA / PCT Project (also known as Auckland Beginning Teacher Project – ABT)
This form must be submitted on the APPA website by
3.00pm on Friday, 20th September 2019.
|Who||State and state-integrated primary schools in the Auckland region|
|What||Funding for recruitment and structured mentorship of beginning teachers|
|How Many||There are 60 places available|
|How Much||$24,000 (GST exclusive), equivalent to first six months of a beginning teacher’s salary|
To be eligible for payment of an allocated grant you must appoint a beginning teacher who meets the following criteria:
- NZ citizen or permanent resident
- Provisionally certificated
- Has not taught in a school previously (in New Zealand or elsewhere)
- Must start at the beginning of Term 1 2020
- It is open to PCT’s employed in any Year 1-4 class
- The PCT must remain employed by the school to get full registration
- Applications for the 2020 round of ABT grants open on 27 August 2019 and close on 20 September 2019.
- Successful applicants will be notified by the end of September.
IMPORTANT! Please read before clicking the Apply button! When you click on the Apply button above, if your application has been successful you will be redirected to a new page that says “Received“, and you will receive an email with your application details.
If when you click on the Apply button above nothing happens, please scroll up the application form to view any errors that may have occurred or boxes you may have missed. Your application will not be submitted until you see the “Received” page. Thank you.